แจกฟรี!! แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ. ภาษาอังกฤษ ชุดที่ 9
ภาค ก. ก.พ.
ภาษาอังกฤษ ชุดที่ 9
Instruction : Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each item (Q21 – Q25)
1 Getting a vaccination could soon be as simple as eating a potato. Researchers at the University of Maryland, led by Dr.CarolTacket; are developing edible vaccines that Carol Tacket. could grant immunity against some diseases.
To be inoculated against a virus, bacterium, or toxin, the antibodies of our
5 immune systems must exposed to the illness-bearing agent, or pathogen. Vaccines be work by exposing the body to pathogens that have been killed or disarmed. once sensitized, antibodies can mobilize rapidly against familiar enemies by binding to them can and preventing their growth and activity.
Most vaccines are delivered in shots or pills, but the new one will be incorporated
10 in potatoes. The potates have been genetically engineered to produce the key piece of an E. coli toxin that causes acute diarrhea. As the spuds move through the intestinal system and are digested, the toxin fragment is released and exposed to the immune system, which then generates antibodies against the toxin.
Dr.Tacket’s group is waiting for approval from the Food and Drug Administration
15 (FAD) to test the potato vaccine on humans; it has already been tested successfully in mice. The next step would be to genetically modify bananas to carry vaccines, because raw bananas taste better than raw potatoes..
The potential for edible vaccines is tremendous, especially in developing countries. Whereas current vaccines are expensive to produce, store, transport, and 20 administer, an edible vaccine could be grown where it is needed in the quantity desired, and requires considerably less medical expertise to use.
- The most suitable title for this passage is ………. .
- Immune Systems 2. Edible Vaccines
- Vaccines and Disease 4. Antibodies and Pathogens
- The word “disarmed” in line 6 is closest in meaning to
- divided 2. weakened
- Identified 4. removed
- The word “which” in line 13 refers to ………… .
- toxin fragment 2. intestinal system
- immune system 4. potato vaccine
- The difference between the new vaccine and traditional ones is that the new one ………. .
- must be injected 2. is in the form of food
- is administered as pills 4. is exposed to the immune system
- Which correct concerning the new vaccine according to the passage ?
- It has not been tested on humans yet.
- It has been genetically engineered into bananas.
- The FDA has not approved animal testing.
- The FDA has agreed to have it tested on humans.
Instruction : Select the most appropriate choice for each item (Q1 – Q5)
Situation : At a doctor’s clinic
Doctor : Hello, how are you?
Patient : Not very well ……1……
Doctor : Well, what’s the matter?
Patient : I don’t know. I have a headache.
Doctor : ……2…… .
Patient : For almost a week now. It’s kind of …..3…… .
But it’s getting worse and worse.
Doctor : Let me see your throat. Say “Ah.” ….Well, it does not look too serious.
Patient : But I always feel so tired, doctor. And yes, I can’t sleep at night. I can’t
eat or at least I don’t …..4….. anything. I can’t remember what I read and… Doctor : Er, …..5….. me, are you preparing for examinations ?
Patient : Yes. And I’ve got to do well or my parents will be very upset.
Doctor : I see, in that case, …
- 1. I’d confess 2. I’m afraid 3. I’d estimate 4. I’m definite
- 1. How bad is it 2. How serious do you think it is
- How often do you get it 4. How long have you had it.
- 1. off and on 2. in and out
- up and down 4. above and beyond
- 1. mind eating 2. regret eating
- feel like eating 4. object to eating
- 1. inform 2. call 3. answer 4. tell
- Z is the ………… letter in the English alphabet.
- initial 2. final 3. complex 4. largest
- Some mushrooms are ………… If you eat them, you will die.
- poisonous 2. edible
- fresh 4. crispy
- Nancy has to give a report tomorrow. She has to ……….. her talk tonight.
- declare 2. describe
- develop 4. prepare
- This knife won’t cut anything. It isn’t ………. enough
- broad 2. hard
- sharp 4. hollow
- Switzerland has magnificent ………..The mountains and lakes are beautiful.
- horizon 2. scenery
- condition 4. figures
- I was ……….. to see the cat playing with the dog.
- surprise 2. to surprise
- surprised 4. surprising
- This student cannot avoid ………..mistakes.
- makes 2. made
- to make 4. making
- Not only my son but alsoI ………. tired from walking so far.
- am 2. are
- is 4. were
- I don’t like traveling ……… underground.
- from 2. on
- in 4. by
- It’s not cold now but take your coat with you ………. It gets cold later.
- in case 2. even if
- when 4. as soon as
Instruction : Read the following passage and choose the best answer (Q16-Q20)
| Thai Tiger Airline is the low-cost airline. It takes foundational flight on December 9,2012 with routes of Don Mueang International Airport to Chiang Mai International Airport by Boeing 734 : . It’s a joint venture between Indonesians and Thai business Partners. It serves regularly scheduled domestic and long haul International flights from Bangkok to Narita in Japan, Moscow in Germany and London in England. It serves passengers by the newest aircraft “Airbus A330-334” with 315 seats of economic class and 143 seats of business class
It has just offered new destinations in Thailand :Samui Island, Krabi, Hua Hin and Hat Yai
193 What’s the type of the passage?
- Instruction 2. Propsal
- Entertainment 4. Advertisement
194 You can probably see this text……….
- on the website about agriculture 2. text book
- annual business 4. newpaper
195 Which statement is NOT true ?
- Thai Tiger Airline provided you the cheap fares.
- It has a lot of the newest domestic destinations.
- It serves only long haul international frights.
- It’s a joint venture between Indonesians
196 Which’s NOT the newest domestic destinations ?
- Phuket 2. Hat Yai
- Samui 4. Hua Hin
197 What’s a synonym of “paryners”
- Spouses 2. Followers
- Leader 4. Cooperators
Instruction : Read the following passage and choose the best answer (Q21 Q25)
| Unicorns were thought to be so fast and so smart that it was nearly impossible to catch one alive Butmeadieval | manuscripts two ways to do it by deception.
The first method required a great deal of courage. Hunters were advised to chase and annoy the until it was angry enough to attack. Then the hunter was to stand boldly in front of a tree as the animal charged directly at him. Just as the last minute. The hunter would leap aside. The unicorn’s horn would go into the tree instead of the hunter. and the animal would be stuck fast
Although unicorn could be dangerously fierce. Especially when hunted. They were believed to be very gentile with young girls. So another way to catch the animal was to use a pure – hearted maiden as bait. The maiden would sit in a clearing. and the hunters would hide nearby. The unicorn would approach the maiden without fear and allow itself to be patted. If nothing startled it, the animal even lie down. Put its head on the maiden’s lap. And go to sleep. Then it was time to spring the trap and capture the unsuspecting creature.
198 The main topic of the passage is …………
- catching Unicorns 2. unicorn lovers
- medieval animals 4. ancient writers
- The word “deception” in line 2 can best be replaced by ……….. .
- skill 2. hand
- tricke 4. technique
- In the first method the unicorn attacks because the hunter ………..
- is leaping back and forth 2. has charged directly at it
- has made it very angry 4. is standing in front of its favorite tree
201 The word “startied” in line 12 is closest in meaning to ……… .
- destroyed 2. frightened
- annoyed 4. attracted
202 Which of the following is true about the second method ?
- It is more painful for the unicorn.
- It is more dangerous for the hunter.
- It is a better method, according to the writer.
- It is less violent than the first method.
ข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ก.พ.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ก.พ.,หนังสือ สอบ ก.พ.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ภาค ก.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ภาค ก.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,