ภาค ก. ก.พ.
ภาษาอังกฤษ ชุดที่ 4
Instruction : Select the most appropriate choice for each item (Q1 – Q5)
Making an appointment.
Wichai : Excuse me.
Secretary : Yes ?
Wichai : I would like to see Mr. Martin …..1…..?
Secretary : Oh …..2…..?
Wichai : Not really. But he told me to drop in at his office sometime duringthe week.
Secretary : I see …..3…… .
Wichai : Wichai. I’d better give you my …..4…… card.
Secretary : Mr. Martin is still in an executive meeting. Would you mind waiting forabout half an hour ?
Wichai : If necessary. But I’d rather come back just before noon.
Secretary : …..5…..
- 1. Is he in 2. Will he come
- May you help 4. Should I please
- 1. Do you call him . 2. Is he expecting you
- Has he talked to you 4. Were you waiting for him
- 1. Give me his address. 2. Tell me what you are.
- Could I have your name? 4. Should he call you back?
- 1. V.I.P . 2. A.T.M
- credit 4. business
- 1. Lovely 2. Maybe
- At once 4. Really
- Most people ………. the smoking because it ruins heath.
- accept 2. reject
- charm 4. please
- A scientific law is ………. which has been proven to be true.
- a method 2. a step
- a story 4. an observation
- The weather man ……….that there would be rain and thunderstorm tonight.
- broadcast 2. predicted
- clarified 4. commented
- A ………. bridge is a bridge hung by means of steel cables.
- cable 3. suspension
- hanged 4. steel
- This bridge is strong enough to ……….heavy lorries.
- help 2. lay
- support 4. place
- Journeys that once took days or months ………. . made in a few hours.
- can now be 2. now being
- they now 4. now they can
- The naïve man………. believed what he read in the papers.
- foolish 2. fool
- foolishly 4. fooling
- What does your father………. you to do?
- advise 2. advice
- advising 4. advisable
- We wanted to find the teacher ………. had made the suggestion.
- whose 2. who’s
- who 4. for whom
- People give chocolate eggs as presents ………. Easter.
- at 2. for
- on 4. in
Instruction : Read the following letter and select the best answer for each item (Q16 – Q20)
Fountain of Youth Health
Club 4517 South Lane, Rochester
New York 14603
18 July 2014
Have you ever been concerned with you health, beauty and psychological condition? We are quite certain that every woman naturally desires to be healthy, attractive and happy. Why don’t you allow your resolution to come true? Come and see us at Fountain of Youth Health Club. We have all the essentials for you to reach your goal.
At Fountain of Youth Health Club, we have a large number of highly qualified, efficient, skillful personnel from various well-known physical education colleges to help, train and serve you. We are absolutely confident that you would be satisfied with our service and become more beautiful, healthier, and happier after you have come to visit us:
From 20 July – 20 August 2014, Fountain of Youth Health Club is offering a 50% discount to all customers who come for our service. Call 217-7114 ext. 149 for appointments.
We are looking forward to service you soon.
- What kind of letter should this one be call ?
- A sales letter 2. A complaint letter
- An adjustment letter 4. A credit letter
- It is clear that potential customers of the club are ………. .
- children 2. men
- female 4. Of all ages
- According to the letter, what makes the club feel confident that they can help their customers reach their goal ?
- They have qualified and skillful personnel
- There are various devices in the club
- They have all the essentials for beauty business
- They have experienced beauty consultants
- What does “resolution” in line 3 means ……… .
- achievement 2. a firm decision
- a future plane 4. Success
- According to the letter, What else could help the club get more customers?
- An attractive location 2. An impressive service
- A special discount 4. A free tour package
Instruction : Read the following passage and choose the best answer (Q21 – Q25)
1 Most people throughout the world experience some form of silence. However, people’sattitude toward silence is dramatically different in different cultural groups. Northern European and North American societies, for example, view silence as dark, negative, andfull of “nothing”- all of which are considered socially undesirable. In other
5 cultures such as Japan, however, silence is often positively valued. Here, breaking silence isa necessary evil; speaking is a negative act.
According to Wayne’s study, the U.S. interpretations, of silence are. sorrow, criticism, obligation, regret and embarrassment. Australian interpretations proved to be similar to theU.S. ones. However, the Japanese attitude toward silence is favorable. 10 Ishikawa’s survey on businessmen and businesswomen in Tokyo revealed that men need to be silent to be successful in life and that 65 percent of businesswomen would choose a silent man to marry.
Not only in business, but in every aspect of social life, people in the United States like. to ask questions and force others to talk to fill interpersonal silence. So in 15 U.S. society and in many European societies, one function of speech is to avoid silence. Contrary to the U.S. practice, in Japanese society, silence is generally considered to be meaningful.
- According to the passage, what is true about silence ?
- Silence is always regarded as something negative.
- Most Cultures .view silence as undesirable.
- People throughout the world have the same opinion of silence.
- People from different cultures interpret silence differently.
- Wayne’s study reports that the U.S. interprets silence as all of the following EXCEPT
- blame 2. shame
- anger 4. sadness
- A Japanese woman would probably avoid marrying a ………. .
- good listener 2. man who hates arguing with woman
- talkative person 4. man who speaks only when necessary
- To avoid silence, many Westerners ………. .
- keep talking to themselves 2. never interrupt each other
- fill silence with activities 4. carry on talking and get others to talk
- The passage suggests that Americans regard silence as ……….. .
- admirable behavior 2. an unwillingness to communicate
- meaningful interaction 4. an effective means of communication
ข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ก.พ.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ก.พ.,หนังสือ สอบ ก.พ.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ภาค ก.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ภาค ก.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,