ภาค ก. ก.พ.
ภาษาอังกฤษ ชุดที่ 2
Instruction : Read the following letter and select the best answer for each item (Q16 – Q20).
JOHN C.PATTERSON& SONS
New York 10006
July 17, 2015
Mr. Stewart O’Neill
Far East Telecommunications Corp.
P.O. Box 1090 Manila
Dear Mr. O’Neill:
As you may have heard, we regularly arrange meeting of our clients in the States, in Europe, and Asia, at which they have the opportunity to listen to talk held by leaders in commerce, or specialists in a field of science.
Knowing of your vast experience in data processing and electronic communications we are writing to ask you to be our guest speaker at a luncheon to be held in Singapore on September 21. We would be very answer questions afterwards. It would be useful if you could come to the Hotel Continental at 11 a.m. to settle details of the program, or if you could send us full particulars in writing beforehand.
Besides travelling expenses and two days’ accommodation in Singapore, we would pay you a fee of to settle details of the program, or if you could send us full particulars in writing beforehand.
Besides travelling expenses and two days’ accommodation in Singapore, we would pay you a fee of $400. We need hardly, add that such a meeting will serve to bring the operations of the Northern Telecommunications Corporation to the attention of and interested group of businessmen.
We do hope will be able to be present on this occasion.
Sincerely yours, Paul S. Proctor Senior Vice-President
- What is the purpose of this letter?
- To invite a specialist to hear a speech.
- To invite a specialist to give a speech.
- To invite a specialist to attend a meeting.
- To invite a specialist to a luncheon.
- According to the letter, which is not true about Mr. O’Neil ?
- He is the president of Far East Telecommunications Crop.
- He specializes in data processing and electronic communications.”
- He has ever lived in America, Europe, and Asia.
- His company is located in the Philippines.
- How long would the talk be if Mr. O’Neil could accept the invitation ?
- Two days 2. An hour
- A week 4. One hour and a half
- The word “beforehand” in paragraph 2 means ……….. .
- immediately 2. in advance
- exactly 4. promptly
- Which is not one of the things offered to Mr. O’Neil for his talk ?
- Travelling expenses 2. A paycheck of $400
- Two days accommodation 4. Free luncheons
Instruction : Read the following passage and choose the best answer (Q21 – Q25)
1 Recent technological advance in manned and unmanned undersea vehicles have overcome some of the limitation of divers and diving equipment. Without a vehicle, divers often became sluggish and their mental concentration became limited. Because of undersea pressure which affected their speech organs, communication
5 among divers was difficult or impossible. But today, most oceanographers make observations by means of instruments which are lowered into the ocean or from samples taken from the water. Direct observations of the ocean floor are made not only by divers but also by deepdiving submarines. Some of these submarines can dive to depths of more than seven miles and cruise at depths of fifteen thousand feet. Radio-
10 equipped buoys can be operated by remote control in order to transmit information back to land-based laboratories, including data about water temperature, currents, and weather.
- What is the main topic of the passage ?
- undersea vehicles 2. direct observations of the ocean floor
- communication among divers 4. technologicaladvances in oceanography
- The word “sluggish” in line 3 is closet in meaning to …………
- nervous 2. confused
- slow moving 4. very weak
- Divers have had problems in communicating underwater because ……….. .
- they did not pronounce clearly
- the water destroyed their speech organs
- the pressure affected their speech organs
- the vehicles they used have not been perfected in
- · This paragraph suggests that the successful exploration of the ocean depends upon
- vehicles as well as divers 2. the limitations of diving equipment
- controlling currents and the water 4. radios that divers use to communicate
- Which of following is true about undersea vehicles ?
- They are very slow to respond.
- They are too small for a man to fit inside.
- They have the same limitation that divers have
- They make direct observations of the ocean floor.
Instruction : Select the most appropriate choice for each item (Q1 – Q5)
A customer is talking to a teller in a bank.
Teller : Hello, Can I help you, sir ?
Customer : Yes, please. I’d like to send thirty dollars to the U.S.
Teller : Who is ….1…. ?
Customer : The international Reading Association in Newark, Delaware.
Teller : May I have your name and signature on this form, please ?
Customer : Certainly. Er, excuse me, ……2…..?
Teller : Twenty-five bath and sixty satang to the dollar, sir. That’ll be 768 baht. There is commission charge of twenty baht. So …..3….. 788 baht.. Will you be paying in cash, sir ?
Customer : No, ……4….., please.
Teller : It’ll probably take a while. Please have a seat, and …..5…. when it’s. ready, sir.
- 1. the payer 2. the client
- it awarded to 4. it payable to
- 1. what is the currency 2. how much is the change
- what is the exchange rate 3. how much is it in dollars
- 1. you charge 2. it takes
- the total’s 4. I pay
- 1. by check 2. in notes
- pay the bank 4. make a deposit
- 1. We’ll tell you 2. they’ll ask you
- you’ll be noticed 4. it’ll be sent to you
ข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ก.พ.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ก.พ.,หนังสือ สอบ ก.พ.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ภาค ก.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ภาค ก.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,