ภาค ก. ก.พ.
ภาษาอังกฤษ ชุดที่ 13
Instruction : Select the most appropriate choice for each item (Q1 – Q5)
Alice : I have to get my California driver’s license, but I’m too freaked out to drive.
Tony : (1) …………
Alice : Yes.
Tony : (2) ……….. After you get more experience, you’ll be used to it.
Alice : People get on my nerves when they cut me off on the freeway.
Tony : I know what you mean. When I was sixteen, I kept dragging my feet about signing up for a driving.
Alice : I wish I had someone to keep me company and show me the ropes.
Tony : Honestly, I’m not a good teacher. What about Peter? He’s a back-seat driver and loves
to tell other how to drive.
Alice : Oh, I’m afraid (3) ………..
Tony : We’re all buddies. I’m sure he’d love (4) ………. . Besides, he owes me a favor.
Alice : Thanks! You sure know (5) ………..
277 j Are you silly? k That’s too bad!
I wish you luck. m Are you that nervous?
278 j Don’t mention it. k Don’t be chicken.
Don’t be so serious. m Don’t drive too fast.
279 j I’ll keep him busy. k I’ll come after him.
I’ll there for him. m I’ll put him on the spot.
280 j to visit you k to treat you
to keep it up m to help you out
281 j how to make friends. k how to influence people
how to cheer up a friend m how to value a person’s friendship
282 Tommy and his little brother don’t ………. very well. They fight about something almost
- get up 2. get across
- get at 4. get along
283 It was rainy this morning, but now it has …….. a beautiful day.
- turned on 2. turned out
- turned over 4. turned into
284 Scott took ……….. (small horses) and a few dogs.
- puppies 2. ponies
- cubs 4. kittens
285 Twenty ………..by four equals five.
- subtracted 2. added
- divided 4. multiplied
286 Is it possible for people to live another ………. such as Mars?
- asteroid 2. galaxy
- planet 4. milky way
287 This situation requires a ……… investigation.
- serious 2. seriously
- seriousness 4. very seriously
288 Going to new places is always ………… .
- excited 2. excite
- exciting 4. excitedly
289 The boss gave him a ………. vase.
- small Egyptian black 2. black Egyptian small
- small black Egyptian 4. Egyptian small black
290 In the United States, food is not as ………..as in Europe.
- expense 2. expensive
- expenses 4. expensively
291 ………..the specialist guided his patient into a hypnotic state.
- With the approval of the surgeon 2. With approving of the surgeon
- With the surgeon’s improvement 4. With the surgeon to approve
Instruction : Read the following passage and select the best answer Q.16-220
|This week Merrymaker Cruise Lines has filed a $700 million lawsuit against Wambaugh Marine Industries, a shipyard that filed for bankruptcy last November before completing a three-ship contract for Merrymaker. The suit contends that Merrymaker suffered $400 million in additional construction costs and lost passenger bookings and also seeks $300 million in punitive damages. In 1987, Merrymaker signed the $600 million contract with Wambaugh for three 2,600-passenger ships, but the bankruptcy halted all work at the shipyard. The suit also contends that the yard misrepresented its financial condition in order to get the Merrymaker contract.|
- What had Wambaugh agreed to do?
- Provide 2,600 passengers b. Build three ships
- File suit against Merrymaker d. Revise the Merrymaker contrac
- What was the value of the Wambaugh-Merrymaker agreement?
- $300 million b. $400 million
- $600 million d. $700 million
Instruction : Read the following passage and select the best answer Q.21 -Q25
Water on the earth is being recycled continuously in a process known as the hydrologic cycle. The first step of the cycle is the evaporation of water in the oceans. Evaporation is the process of water turning into vapor, which then forms clouds in the sky. The second step is the water returning to the earth in the form of precipitation :
5 either rain, snow, or : ice. When the water reaches the earth’s surface, it runs off into the rivers, lakes, and the ocean, where the cycle begins again.
Not all water, however, stays oil the surface of the earth in the hydrologic cycle. Some ,of it seeps into the ground through infiltration and collects under the earth’s, surface, as groundwater. This groundwater is extremely important to life on earth, since
10 95 percent of the earth’s water is in the oceans and is too salty for human beings, or plants. Of the percent on land; only .05 percent is above ground in rivers or lakes. The rest is underground water. This groundwater is plentiful and dependable, because it doesn’t depend” on seasonal rain or snow.It is the major source of water for many cities. But as the population increases and the need forwater also increases, the groundwater
15 in some areas is getting dangerously low. Added to thisproblem is an increasing amount of pollution that seeps into the groundwater. In the future,with a growing population and more toxic waste, the hydrologic cycle we depend on couldbecome dangerously imbalanced.
- Clouds are formed from……………. .
- water vapor 2. Evaporation
- the hydrologic cycle 4. Groundwater
- What returns to the earth by……………. .
- infiltration 2. Pollution
- precipitation 4. Evaporation
Instruction : Select the most appropriate choice for each item (Q1 – Q5)
- Situation : At the bank
“How would you like to have it,ten or twenty bath notes?”
- Could you give me small change for this?
- I’d like to open a current account here
- Is that the official take of exchange?
- I suspect this five hundred bath note is false
- Situation : Sara is answering a phone call. “May I speak to Sara, please?”
- I am speaking now 2. It’s me
- Sara’s speaking 4. This is she
- Situation : A comment on Tom’s behavior
“It serves him right”
- Tom was charged with corruption and immediately dismissed
- Tom was smart enough to win the first prize
- Tom worked hard and got a good promotion
- Tom cleverly managed to attain his goal
- Situation : In a fitting room at a tailor’s
“How do I look in this dress?”
- Oh, it’s certainly more beautiful 2. Why not? It isn’t too expensive
- Really, I think it’s becoming on you 4. I’m sorry, you look so exhausted
- Situation : Making an appointment
“Is 9 o’clock tomorrow morning convenient for you?
- Yes, it suits me all right
- Of course, if I can
- Sorry to have caused you inconvenience
- Yes, let’s make it a little later
- Another word for ‘complicated’ is…………….
- complex 2. Simple
- durable 4. Solid
- I shall have to get to have a look at my car. It isn’t running properly.
- an engineer 2. a technician
- a mechanic 4. a blacksmith
- Many men and women who came to the U.S. could neither read nor write; they were
- illiterate 2. Hollow
- stupid 4. Dull
- Somsak was very disappointedbecause his girlfriend ……….his marriage proposal.
- turned off 2. turned towards
- turned down 4. turned over
- Exercise is essential to health because itleads to…………
- physical fitness 2. good reputation
- competition 4. an athlete
- It’s about time you……………… .
- finish the exam 2. finished the exam
- should finish the exam 4. have to finish the exam
- Last year Mary and Jane took a trip around the world……………. .
- They were very joyful with it 2. They much enjoyed themselves
- Both of them were very enjoyful 14. They enjoyed the trip very much
- The students ……………the facets.
- respectfully gave their regards to 2. Were in the respect of
- were careful in regard 4. Respected
- The country spends much money……………… .
- about social services to care children
- on social services to care about the children
- about the social services on caring the children
- for the care of children
- We must try hard to make our children
- learn that economy is good, but materialism is bad
- learn the economy be good but materialism be bad
- be learned that economy is good, but materialism is bad
- be learned the fact that economy be good, but materialism be bad
ข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ก.พ.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ก.พ.,หนังสือ สอบ ก.พ.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ภาค ก.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ภาค ก.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,