ภาค ก. ก.พ.
ภาษาอังกฤษ ชุดที่ 12
Instruction : Select the most appropriate choice for each item Q1-Q5
Debbie: Hey, Kanda. (1) …………
Kanda: I have a class presentation this afternoon. I hate class presentations!
Debbie : Isn’t it nice having an audience to listen to you?
Kanda: If my classmates ask me questions I don’t understand, it will be very
Embarrassing. (2) …………
Debbie: (3) …………
Kanda : No, I just don’t understand their pronunciation.
Debbie : I have the same problems sometimes.
Kanda : I don’t believe you!
Debbie : People from different parts of America have accents. People from the East Coast and the South have accents that can be difficult to understand sometimes.
Kanda : I usually tell my classmates to (4) ……… and not ask me any questions.
Debbie : I don’t think this is a good idea. Why don’t you tell your teacher about your problem? I don’tthink (5) ……….
Kanda : OK, I will. Thanks for your advice.
- (1) Why do you say that?
(2) Why do you look angry?
(3) Why don’t you let me talk?
(4) Why do you look so nervous?
- (1) I don’t want to see you.
(2) I don’t want to bug you.
(3) I don’t want to lose you.
(4) I don’t want to lose face.
- (1) Are they Insane?
(2) Are they kidding?
(3) Are they working hard?
(4) Are their questions tough?
- (1) don’t worry
(2) do me a favor
(3) do away with it
(4) do it over again
- (1) she’s pulling your leg.
(2) she’ll show her true color.
(3) she’ll keep an eye on you.
(4) she’ll give you the cold shoulder.
- A…………. is a bad dream.
- nightfall 2. Nightshade
- nightcap 4. Nightmare
- Negative is the opposite of…………..
- positive 2. Relative
- active 4. Causative
- ………… are not children, but they are not grown up either.
- Cousins 2. Brothers
- Sisters 4. Adolescents
- Do you have any …………. as a secretary, or is this your first job?
- experience 2. Ability
- fame 4. Aptitude
- Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America are the seven
- countries 2. Colonies
- continents 4. Contrasts
- The stars were shining …………. in 3 clear sky.
- bright 2. Brightly
- brightness 4. so bright
- You must work hard if you want to do this exercise………….
- correct 2. Correctly
- corrected 4. Correctness
- The teacher explained the assignment …………
- care 2. Careful
- careless 4. Carefully
- I think he answered that question …………. cleverly,
- extreme 2. Extreme
- extremely 4. very extreme
- The driver stared ………….. at the motorcyclist.
- angry 2. Angrily
- anger 4. very angry
Instruction: Read the following passage and select the best answer (Q16-020)
We would like to welcome you to the XYZ Machinery Company’s International Symposium. As you are aware, XYZ employees from over twenty countries are inattendance at this year’s conference. If you would like to meet your counterparts from other countries on a more personal level be sure to sign up at the registration desk for special dinners, lunches, or breakfast meetings that are. described below. Whether you are in Personnel, Sales, Management, or Research, you’ll be able to discuss topics of common interest with colleagues of diverse backgrounds. Find out what your Indian, Japanese, or Moroccan counterpart can suggest for your department’s current problems. Help your French, Colombian, or Russian colleague with a problem that you’ve tackled before, Take advantage of this rare opportunity to collaborate with your international partners. All meeting will be held in Lounge B
Monday Breakfast Legal Implications of Establishing
7:00 – 9:00 Branch offices in Asia
Tuesday Lunch Technologies in the Former Soviet
12:00 – 14:00 Republics
Wednesday Dinner International Personnel Issues
19:00 – 21:00
Thursday Breakfast New Markets in Western Europe
267 Who is the conference aimed at?
- International politicians 2. People learning foreign languages
- International chefs 4. Employees of a machinery company
268 What is the purpose of the notice?
- To give a list of participants 2. To indicate room changes
- To announce special events 4. To cancel several sessions
269 Which session would most likely deal with human resources?
- Monday breakfast 2. Tuesday lunch
- Wednesday dinner 4. Thursday breakfast
| Company’s main British plants remained closed today by an unofficial strike, even though the company’s assembly-line workers have accepted a pay increase. About 550 maintenance technicians are on strike at the High-tower factory in northern England. In response, Mitchell has laid off 8,000 assembly-line workers there
Mitchell’s 32,000 assembly-line workers voted to accept a 6.2 percent pay increase this week. But the technicians argued that they were losing ground against unskilled workers and threatened to spread their strike to other plants. The strike has forced Framrn to halt . production of vans at its facility in southern England.
270 What have the assembly-line workers agreed to do?
- Go on strike 2. Support the technicians’ demands
- Accept a pay increase 4. Move to another plant
271 What has been the result of the technician’s strike?
- Assembly-line workers have been laid off.
- 8,000 technicians have been redesigned.
- Van models have been redesigned
- Their salaries have increased.
Instruction: Read the following passage and sleet the best answer (Q21 – Q25)
| Diamond value is based on four characteristics: carat, color, clarity, and cut. A diamond’s size measured by carat weight. There are 100 points in a carat and 142 carats in an ounce. Each point above I carat is more valuable that each point below I carat. Thus, a stone that weights more than I carat is more valuable per point than a stone that is smaller than I carat.
The scale used for rating a diamond’s color begins with “D” which means the stone is absolutely colorless and therefore most valuable. “E” and “F” are almost colorless. All three are good for investments. A stone rated between “G” and “J” is good for jewelry. After that the stones take on a slightly yellowish color, which gets deeper as the grade declines.
The clarity of a stone is determined by its lack of carbon spots, inner flaws, and surface blemishes. While most of these are invisible to the unaided eye, they do affect the diamond’s brilliance. For jewelry, 2 diamond rated VVSI [very very slight imperfections] is as close to flawless as one will find. After that the scale goes to VVS2, VSI, VS2, S11, 312, 11, 12, and so on.
The final characteristic is cut. When shaped (round, oval, emerald, marguise, pear, or heart) the diamond should be faceted so that light is directed into the depths of the prism and then reflected outward again. A well-cut diamond will separate the light into different colors when reflected. Only stones of similar shape should have their reflective qualities compared, as some shapes are more reflective than others. For example, the round shape is the most reflective
272 The passage is mainly about .
- the cost of diamonds 2. qualities affecting diamond value
- how to judge an expensive diamond 4. buying diamonds for jewelry
273 What can be said about a 1-carat diamond?
- Is has 100 points.
- It weighs an ounce
- It costs twice as much as a smaller one
- It has the same quality as a half-carat diamond.
274 A stone that has no color at all is rated.
- A 2. Z
- D 4. J
275 It can be inferred from the passage that a stone rated “H” is
- good for jewelry 2. good for investment
- very colorful 4. deep yellow
276 Clarity of a stone
- is invisible to the unaided eye 2. affects the diamond’s brilliance
- has spots, flaws, and blemishes 4. is determined by imperfections
ข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ก.พ.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ก.พ.,หนังสือ สอบ ก.พ.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ภาค ก.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ภาค ก.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,