ภาค ก. ก.พ.
ภาษาอังกฤษ ชุดที่ 1
Instruction : Read the following letter and select the best answer for each item (Q16 – Q20)
OFFICE OF THE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
Pitsanuloke Road, Dusit, Bangkok 10300, THAILAND
Tel: 66 2547 1000, Fax 66 2547 1000
3 May 20XX
Mr. Denis Ives
Public Sector Management Consultant
17 Wagga Street
Dear Mr. Ives:
I am writing to you to express our appreciation for your warm hospitality and efforts in arranging the seminar programme for our group of executive from Thailand. The programme was very well designed and was structured exactly as we had hoped. The sessions with you, I would say, were the highlight of the programme. While the introduction helped us greatly to comprehend the structure and framework of the Australian public service and its reform, your executive session was invaluable in clarifying the issue and areas that had been a bit unclear: during the week of discussions and observations.
It was extremely valuable for us to have had this opportunity to observe the practice of Australian public service reform; to exchange ideas about our work, and todiscuss our problems. This programme has given me new insights into our own situation and approaches to improve our procedures.
I hope that we will be able to keep in contact, and that perhaps we can reciprocate your hospitality in Thailand in the near future.
- What is the purpose of this letter?
- Thanks for study visit arrangement
- Thanks for participating in the seminar
- Acknowledgement of the benefits of the study visit
- Appreciation for Australian public service management
- It can be assumed that the sessions before Mr. Ive’s lecture were ………..
- simple 2. explicit
- confusing. 4. comprehensible
- What is considered the best part of the seminar programme ?
- The meeting they had with Mr. Ives
- Discussion with people involving the reform
- Observations of Australian public management
- Exchange of ideas concerning reform obstacles
- The seminar programme largely deals with the ………..
- Obstacles of Australian government
- reform of Australian public service
- structure of Australian public facilities
- management of Australian public service
- The word “insight” (line 3, paragraph 2) refers to ………..
- Valuable innovations 2. a long vision
- modern practices 4. deep understanding
Instruction : Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each item (Q21 – 025)
|1||There are many ways of communicating without using speech. Signals, signs, symbols,|
and gestures may be found in every known culture. The basic function of a signal is . to impinge upon the environment in such a way that it attracts attention, as, for example, the dots and dashes of a telegraph circuit. Coded to refer to speech, the
|5||potential for communication is very great. While less adaptable to the codification of words,|
signs contain greater meaning in and of themselves. A stop sign or à barber pole conveys meaning quickly and conveniently. Symbols are more difficult to describe than either signals or signs because of their intricate relationship with the receiver’s cultural perceptions. In some cultures, applauding in a theater provides performers with an
|10||auditorý symbol of approval. Gestures such as waving and handshaking also communicate|
certain culture messages.
- Which of the following would be the best title for the passage ?
- Gestures 2. Speech
- Communication 4. Signs and Signals
- The phrase “impinge upon” in line 3 is closet in meaning to ……….
- preserve 2. prohibit
- improve 4. interrupt
- The word “intricate” in line 8 is closets in meaning to ……….
- inefficient 2. historical
- uncertain 4. complicated
- Applauding was cited as an example of ……….
- a sign 2. a symbol
- a signal 4. a gesture
- It may be concluded from this passage that ……….
- symbols are very easy to define and interpret
- only some cultures have signals, signs, and symbols
- waving and handshaking are not related to culture
- signals, signs, symbols, and gestures are forms of communication
Instruction : Select the most appropriate choice for each item (Q1 – Q5)
Pam wants her friend to join her camping.
Pam : Hello, is Vilai there?
Mana : No, she won’t be back …..1….
Pam : Well, Can I-leave a mssage, please ?
Mana : Yes, let me get a pencil … All right.
Pam : ….2…. and needs to know if she wants to go on the camping trip this coming weekend.
Mana (Writing) Hmm….. camping…. Okay. …… ?
Pam : Yes.
Mana : …..4…. phone number?
Pam : Yes, I think so. But just in case, it’s 0-2311-2425.
Mana : O.K., she’ll probably give you a call tonight.
Pami : ….5….
Mana : That’s okay. Good-bye.
- 1. again this week 2. till after five
- by next Monday 4. before your call
- 1. Tell her Pam called 2. Pam named her friend
- Say Pam is her name 4. Her friend was called Pam
- 1. Have you heard 2. Am I right
- Is that it 4. Did we say
- 1. Does she have your 2. May I have her
- Will you leave my 4. Do you have our
- 1. You’re welcome 2. Great, thanks
- Don’t mention it 4. Sure, please
instruction : Fill in the blank. (Q6 – Q10)
- I shall have to get………. to have a look at my car. It isn’t working properly.
- an engineer 2. a technician
- a mechanic 4. a blacksmith
- You Shouldn’t leave your bicycle outside in the rain. I will get ………..
- muddy 2. rusty
- moldy 4. cuddly
- A strong wind was blowing and all the windows of the old house were ………..
- trembling 2. shivering
- hammering 4. rattling
- My brother’s ………..is stamp collecting.
- trip 2. job
- hobby 4. work
- Although the prisoner ……….. that he was innocent, the jury, found him guiltyanyway.
- confided 2. claimed
- classified 4. confessed
instruction : Choose the correct answer. (Q11 – Q15)
- ………..our English teacher be able to come tomorrow ?
- Is 2. Have
- Has 4. Will
- it is not unusual for label to fail to tell what ………..
- in the can is 2. is in the can
- the content of the can is 4. is the contents of the can
- It was not until the end of the American Revolution ……….. settlement of the West began.
- and the 2. that the
- when he 4. the
- Students ………..cause riots often harmthe very principles for which they arefighting. 1. which 2. whose
- for whom 4. from
- He often goes to work ………..bicycle in summer.
- in 2. on
- by 4. who
ข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ก.พ.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ก.พ.,หนังสือ สอบ ก.พ.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,ข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,แนวข้อสอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ก.พ. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. 2562,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. ภาค ข,แนวข้อสอบ ภาค ก. เฉลย,แนวข้อสอบ ภาษาอังกฤษ ภาค ก.,หนังสือ คู่มือ ภาค ก. ก.พ.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ก.พ. ภาค ก.,หนังสือ เตรียม สอบ ภาค ก.,เฉลยข้อสอบ ภาค ก.,